In the wake of the flooding that has devastated many Victorian communities over the last year, Business Victoria has launched an initiative to provide support and relief to affected business owners, including labour hire providers and hosts.
A team of experienced business relief advisors provided by Business Victoria are on hand to provide support via phone or in person, including:
- assessing flood damage to your place of business and assets to understand immediate and long-term needs
- liaising with your insurance provider to troubleshoot problems and help plan your recovery
- understanding what support is available through federal, state and local governments
- organising administrative priorities and tasks (such as banking, insurance, accounting, business continuity and contingency planning)
- accessing support services including local crisis support services and mental health support.
To access the service, either:
- complete the registration form on the Business Victoria website and they will be in touch
- call Business Victoria’s relief hotline on 13 22 15 to speak with a dedicated business relief adviser.
Other Government bodies also have support on hand, including the ATO, which has a range of options to assist if you're struggling to meet your tax obligations.