Free Information Session - Geelong
The Labour Hire Authority (LHA) is holding a free information session in Geelong for businesses that provide and use labour hire services.
The Labour Hire Authority is increasing its compliance and enforcement work across Victoria in 2023. It's important to understand your obligations under Victoria's labour hire licensing scheme.
Both labour hire providers and host businesses can face significant penalties. The largest fine in Australian history for a violation of labour hire law was issued in December 2022 after a successful prosecution by LHA.
- legal obligations under the labour hire licensing scheme
- LHA's recent upcoming compliance and enforcement activities
- recent changes to legal and regulatory requirements affecting labour hire
- new resources to support compliance
There will also be an opportunity to engage with the Labour Hire Licensing Commissioner.
This information session is for businesses providing or using labour hire services in all industries, particularly:
- Commercial cleaning
- Meat and poultry processing
Geelong West Town Hall (Main Hall) 153 Pakington Street Geelong West, VIC 3218